Here are some tips to protect your home from freezing weather:
- Turn off outside faucets and remove any garden hoses. Wrap the faucet with a towel or styrofoam insulator. Turn off and drain any automatic sprinkler systems.
- A trickle of hot and cold water might be all it takes to keep your pipes from freezing. Let warm water drip overnight, preferably from a faucet on the outside wall.
- Open cabinet doors to allow for warmer air to circulate under sinks and appliances near exterior walls.
- Check tank and tankless water heaters for manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Know where your main shut off valve is!
Call Bewley Plumbing today for more information or assistance with plumbing issues caused by winter weather.